[erlang-questions] NIF+device problem moving R18->R19 / Mac 10.11->10.12

Igor Clark igor.clark@REDACTED
Fri Apr 21 01:12:20 CEST 2017

Quick update - looks like it's not the hardware API at all, and I guess
not erlang either, but Objective-C/Foundation stuff related to how I was
initialising CFStringRef values whose addresses I passed to the API
call. I was using a CFSTR macro that I took from an Apple code sample;
now I'm using a CFString function to do it and it's working fine across
the erlang & OS versions.

I'm a bit baffled as to why the macro was working at all on R18, and why
it still works in the minimal C program version, as it looks to me like
it returns an immutable string ref; maybe it shouldn't work, but like I
say, I took it from an Apple sample. I plan to look into that a bit more
deeply.

I'm also pretty baffled as to why the different erlang & OS/compiler
versions made this manifest, when it wasn't previously - but regardless,
taking it out seems to have side-stepped the problem.

Thanks everyone,

best,
Igor