[erlang-questions] Deprecation and removal of the non-smp emulator

Ryan Stewart zzantozz@REDACTED
Wed Apr 5 06:17:23 CEST 2017

If a big selling point of Erlang is how easy it makes concurrency (that's
how it seems to me), then spending a lot of effort on maintaining non-SMP
support seems silly. If you're not running SMP, then you're not really
doing what Erlang is excellent at, right? You could just as well be writing
C, Java, Lisp, or name your own language that doesn't have a great,
built-in concurrency model. I'm a relative noob, though, so what do I know?