[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation -- a modest proposal

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Tue Sep 27 15:42:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm not sure which message to answer to best.

Assuming that converting the XML sources to something else isn't going to
be the first thing that will happen, I'd like to suggest a HTML structure
that is much better than the existing one and is following the XML almost
faithfully. All XML tags become sections or divs, with the respective tag
as class name. The "module" section wraps everything instead of being a
header. Like I said before, this structure can also be easily parsed
instead of the XML for extracting the documentation, if the sources aren't
available.

See an example at https://gist.github.com/vladdu/
8a70874c492233dcce01f353567d1281.

This structure can be easily displayed almost however we want with CSS, and
I will try to submit a couple of suggestions.

regards,
Vlad