[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation -- a modest proposal

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Tue Sep 27 08:29:41 CEST 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 5:23 AM, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 27/09/16 10:56 AM, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
>>

>> There is a document formatter which has, or could have, a defined parse
>> tree, and that's Lout.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lout_(software)
>> Lout picked up the idea of declarative documents from SCRIBE.
>

> Did I mention that the extension language for Lout is functional?
>
> PS: I can't be the only person here to have heard of Lout.
> Anyone have an Erlang (or Prolog or SML) file for prg2lout?

No Richard, I've heard of Lout, I've even used it a long time ago.
It's kind of slipped off my radar, I wonder if it's still supported, or was it
so well written that it still works?

/Joe