[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation -- a modest proposal

Marco Molteni marco.molteni@REDACTED
Mon Sep 26 20:01:58 CEST 2016

my suggestion for the documentation format is asciidoc.

Almost as simple as markdown but more powerful, simpler than rST. As readable as markdown.

And it is the only format I ever found that allowed me to avoid LaTeX (been there, done that for my thesis) and the dreaded XML / DocBook / FOP madness.

In particular, the modern asciidoctor to generate HTML, and asciidoctor-pdf to generate PDF.

It is also directly supported by github, any foo.adoc file will be rendered (as is the case for any foo.md).

http://asciidoctor.org/

marco