[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation -- a modest proposal

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Mon Sep 26 03:36:48 CEST 2016

On 23/09/16 9:17 PM, Loïc Hoguin wrote:

> FYI I am currently working on improving the Cowboy function reference.
> My tentative currently looks similar to this for "man
> cowboy:start_clear":
> https://gist.github.com/essen/3affa1c8e7805a7dc867156b03c1854f - in
> HTML/PDF form it would of course have syntax highlighting, proper links
> and so on.

What I love about this example is that it is the right size.
It focuses on one topic.  It presents just what I need to know.
It provides examples and cross references, and it's STILL not too large.

Links are nice.  Syntax highlighting is only tolerable if it can be
globally turned off, perhaps by auto-generating a version with the
highlighting and a version without.

> And this brings us back to one of my points: the *content* is what
> matters.

Cowboy just moved to the top of my "must study" project list.