[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation -- a modest proposal

Nuku Ameyibor nayibor@REDACTED
Fri Sep 23 08:23:21 CEST 2016

i agree with  Lloyd .
i also spent countless hours when i was learning erlang  trying to
understand some functions and how to use them .

So you have a library module.
> There are
>  - source code
>  - documentation
>  - examples

source code can be even more confusing for a beginner as it may be written
in  a very compact way that a beginner may not understand at that point in
time although it may be crystal clear for others .
documentation does not contain examples for most functions so you are still
stuck .

the maps module is one example of a module which would be very easy for a
*newcomer* to use as all the functions have a short explanation followed by
an example usage scenario .