[erlang-questions] ERL-263: leex conditionally counting line numbers incorrectly during tokenization

Nicholas Lundgaard <>
Fri Sep 23 04:09:22 CEST 2016


Hi all!

My company, Alert Logic, co-maintains an open-source Erlang project for using AWS APIs, erlcloud: https://github.com/erlcloud/erlcloud <https://github.com/erlcloud/erlcloud>

One of the libraries it relies on is eini, for parsing AWS credential files (INI format): https://github.com/erlcloud/eini <https://github.com/erlcloud/eini>

Because that project’s maintainer abandoned it, I’ve been looking at it recently with an eye to resolve some issues with it. One thing I noticed is that its unit test pass on OTP R16B03-1 and fail on OTP 17+ (I’ve tried 17.5, 18.3, and 19.0). The failures are caused by an inconsistent behavior in leex (or something it uses) that  causes the line numbers to be stored incorrectly during tokenization. I’ve filed a bug report, ERL-263:

https://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-263 <https://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-263>

I wanted to call this to the members’ attention; in part to see if my read of this issue is correct, and also to see if there is any possible workaround to it.

The problem itself is mostly immaterial to us—it just means that the error output will (rarely) reference the wrong line number. I’m wondering, though, if there is some tweak I could make to the definition that would ameliorate or eliminate this problem.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

—Nicholas Lundgaard

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/attachments/20160922/6539a5dd/attachment.html>


More information about the erlang-questions mailing list