[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Sep 22 03:04:31 CEST 2016

 From the link that Roger Lipscome wrote, it sounds as though
Google are doing "passage retrieval" within a page.  That means
that if you want a subpart of a page to be linked from the
snippet, it's not something you do in the *page*, it's something
you do in the *query*.  You have to provide lots of keywords that
are likely to be specific to the part you want.  I tried
  Erlang list apply function concatenate results of map
and flatmap showed up in the snippet just as I wanted, but
there was no link in the snippet.

Now that Erlang has function type specs,
https://www.haskell.org/hoogle/
becomes of potential interest.
    Hoogle is a Haskell API search engine,
    which allows you to search many standard
    Haskell libraries by either function name,
    or by approximate type signature.
For example, searching for
    (x -> [y]) -> [x] -> [y]
in Hoogle comes back with concatMap at the top of the list,
clicking on it takes you to the entry for concatMap, which
actually says
     concatMap :: Foldable t => (a -> [b]) -> t a -> [b]
     [Source]
     Map a function over all the elements of a container
     and concatenate the resulting lists.
The [Source] box is a link to the current source code.

While Haddock + Hoogle is pretty cool, it could do with examples.

I really should make more use of erldocs.