[erlang-questions] Distributed OTP app not working when node is "-hidden"

Frank Muller frank.muller.erl@REDACTED
Tue Sep 20 17:16:30 CEST 2016

Hi everyone

I've a simple OTP-compliant release, and I want to make it distributed on
two nodes.

Following the steps here, it was pretty simple to achieve:
http://erlang.org/doc/design_principles/distributed_applications.html

as long as my application is not "hidden".

My constraint is that I need to keep my node "hidden" because it
connects to other critical nodes in our infrastructure.

If I set "-hidden" in "vm.args", the distribution breaks and the two nodes
(the master and the backup) become both active, which is not desired :-(

Anyone knows how to benefit from the distribution feature while keeping my
node "hidden"?

Any other alternative(s) to solve my issue?

Regards
Frank