[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Tue Sep 20 10:59:55 CEST 2016

On 20 September 2016 at 09:48, Kenneth Lakin <kennethlakin@REDACTED> wrote:
> It's a bit more typing (and not at all the same) but
>
> http://erlang.org/doc/man/lists.html#flatmap-2

Yeah, I get that there are section anchors in the documentation (which
is amazingly useful), but it'd be nice if (somehow) Google could be
taught to use them correctly (i.e. "not at all the same"; we're in
agreement there). Typing "erlang lists flatmap" in my browser's search
bar is less typing (as you say), and less error prone (I can never
remember the /doc/man bit).

Mind you, if the tab completion in the Erlang shell could display the
names (and type specs) for parameters, rather than just the arity, I'd
have to hit the documentation less frequently. I freely concede that
this is probably (much) harder than it looks.