[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation (was: Apology)

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Tue Sep 20 10:20:31 CEST 2016

On 20 September 2016 at 07:13, Kenneth Lakin <kennethlakin@REDACTED> wrote:
> I'm fond of how the docs look and -for the most part- reasonably pleased
> with how they're organized. (In particular, the /doc/man/$MODULE.html
> structure is _absolutely killer_ for reference documentation.)

I *do* wish that -- somehow -- the docs could be marked up so that a
Google search would jump directly to the appropriate function.

Some of the pages *almost* work: searching for "erlang element"
returns the erlang(3) page, with (in the snippet) direct links to
(e.g.) erlang:system_flag(dirty_cpu_schedulers_online). This is wrong,
but encouraging (inasmuch as it says that Google understands anchors,
and that some extra tags might fix it).

On the other hand, searching for "erlang lists flatmap" takes you only
to the top of the "lists" page.

I have no idea how to make this work, however.