[erlang-questions] Inets socket_type, what's ip_comm and how order IPvX sockets?

Ameretat Reith ameretat.reith@REDACTED
Mon Sep 19 19:14:28 CEST 2016

I'm using tsung and it open a HTTP server to give me good things by inets
API
[1]  But it open just IPv6 sockets and TCP connections over IPv4 connections
will fail.  I looked into inets to find how it finds to open IPv4 or IPv6
sockets and saw socket_type which defaults to ip_comm. [2]  What is this?
Is this
mean IPv4 or IPv6 if system support?  Can I provide inets more information
listen to both IPv4 and IPv6?

I think for listenning on both IPv4 and IPv6 using same port number, one
should
open two sockets and set REUSE_PORT option.  Can inets understand this by
looking to socket_type or something?  Can I (in inets:start call) tell I
wan't
IPv4 sockets?  Or tell inets lib totally forget about IPv6 and open IPv4
sockets
always?

1:
https://github.com/processone/tsung/blob/18a318884282a17f419850169aefec9bdd5fc2ac/src/tsung_controller/ts_controller_sup.erl#L118