[erlang-questions] every process should have a URL

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Sun Sep 18 12:23:35 CEST 2016

I guess this means the pid should just be a special form of GUID. I suppose
it also means that processes become in a sense like mobile phones -
mobile phones can be turned-off, connected, busy, unknown,in-transit.

I guess the ideas of an operator, home location register (HLR) and
visitor location (VLR) register could apply to Pids :-)

Actually Telcos use HLR and VLRs and not DHTs and the results
are pretty reliable.

So a Pid of the form {HRLAddress, GUID} could be used

The HLR either knows the host where the process with the given GUID is
or it returns a VLR address and you go ask the VLR

If you know what HLR and VLRs are that might make sense :-)

/Joe