[erlang-questions] Execute module code from stored anonymous function

Pierre Fenoll pierrefenoll@REDACTED
Sun Sep 11 10:39:06 CEST 2016

> In your case the pointer to function is stored internally and it goes
extinct when module is gone.

Why is this the behavior? I would expect the fun to properly call the
latest version of the module's code if not purged,
throwing an exception otherwise, not "just throw because version changed".

Why disallow funs to directly reference version-changing code?
(indirectly because fun () -> apply(M, F, A) end is still possible)

I am surprised & interested in the reasons behind having

* fun () -> mod:fname(Arg1, Arg2, ...) end
* fun () -> erlang:apply(mod, fname, [Arg1, Arg2, ...]) end

be semantically different!

Cheers,
--
Pierre Fenoll