[erlang-questions] SD-Erlang

Natalia Chechina natalia.chechina@REDACTED
Wed Sep 7 19:26:23 CEST 2016

Hello Felix,

Nice to hear that you find the work interesting. Yes, currently the latest
SD Erlang version is based on 17.4.

The good news is that we've got some money for a 9 months work (starting
from October 2016, actually) to clean up SD Erlang related modules (e.g. do
comprehensive testing, separate currently existing in OTP and SD Erlang
specific functionality, conform with Erlang OTP requirements). In other
words, move from academic to industrial standards. So, SD Erlang will be
moved to the latest version very soon :).

Input, advice on how to better approach the task, and friendly criticism is
very welcome :).

Best wishes,
Natalia.

On 7 September 2016 at 16:30, Felix Gallo <felixgallo@REDACTED> wrote:

> One of the interesting things to emerge from the RELEASE project (
> http://www.release-project.eu/) was SD-Erlang (
> http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0743731516000034),
> which explored creating a non-fully-meshed distribution network, in order
> to enable certain scalability optimizations with high node counts.
>
> It looks like this was built off a fork of 17.4 (
> https://github.com/release-project/otp/tree/17.4-rebased), which even now
> fades regretfully into the distance of our memories like the morning dew.
>
> Are there any thoughts or plans in OTP proper to either (a) integrate
> SD-Erlang, or (b) to take the learnings, as was done with the whatsapp
> timer wheel patch, and create a new system?
>
> F.

Natalia Chechina