[erlang-questions] What is the point of Spawn(Node, Fun) if Node has to have the same module loadable as a client node?

Sharas perkrovos@REDACTED
Thu Sep 8 00:12:37 CEST 2016

"A "stop all nodes, send code to all nodes, restart all nodes" solution is
easy to implement and pretty foolproof."

Where did 9 9ines availability with erlang go then? If you have to stop nodes.

How do you do code changes without stopping all nodes?

The bit that inspired my about erlang is ability to deploy your code in small batches and evolve your system as you learn. Mashes well with "let it crash" in my understanding: Let it crash, as in don't try to predict what will go wrong, learn from things going wrong, and adapt (change code) fast.