[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP libraries/modules replaced by third party projects

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Wed Sep 7 17:57:36 CEST 2016

I'm looking to collect information on why certain functionality found in
Erlang/OTP is usually handled instead by a third party library in
people's projects.

This could be bugs, missing functionality, poor interface, performance,
etc.

Please comment on this gist or reply to this email:
https://gist.github.com/tsloughter/4d18c474f009dd3a3eeb094f8933e90b

I don't know exactly what I'll do after having this information
collected. But I hope to somehow use it to both be able to
create/suggest improvements to built-in libraries and create
documentation to help users decide if and when they should add a
dependency to their project.

--
  Tristan Sloughter
  t@REDACTED