[erlang-questions] Erlang in a WAN

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Fri Mar 25 13:34:25 CET 2016

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 1:19 PM Roberto Ostinelli <roberto@REDACTED>
wrote:

> term_binary/1 <-> binary_term/1 over TLS.
>>
>> And that's about the whole story.
>

> Well that's one part of it. :)
>
> We are using Syn in a distributed environment, so that's how we know which
> messages need to be routed to which processes.
> If we were to not use standard Erlang, then it would make things way more
> complicated: how would we know how to route a request then?

It all depends what you mean by distribution. Will it be a global registry
or a replicated registry to different center? In the first case I would do
something like gen_rpc and use some nodes as proxies.

In second case it all depends on the latency you can expect. You will have
to handle conflicts that can appear between zones.

- benoit