[erlang-questions] rebar3 dependencies

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sat Mar 19 01:53:52 CET 2016

On 03/18/2016 05:32 PM, Tristan Sloughter wrote:

>     This use-case of rebar is an important one due to Erlang's focus on fault-tolerance.  To make sure your built is robust and stable, it requires having all your dependencies at a known state.
>
> Your build artifact for deployment is a release which does "bundle" all dependencies at a certain point in time.
> For reproducibility in the event of losing the original release is, as you mention, what the lock files are for. When hex gains easy mirroring there will also be a quick way to ensure you have your own backups of alls your dependencies.
Yes, what I am talking about is having all the source code dependencies at a known state.
hex attempts to do this, but as you mentioned, is unable to be hosted privately and the public
hex site may go down at anytime for any length of time.

You appear to be avoiding the topic of putting all the source code dependencies into a
single repository and having them work with rebar3.