[erlang-questions] which one is more efficiency? ets or pattern match?

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Mar 17 18:42:19 CET 2016

On 03/17, Björn Gustavsson wrote:

>Not sure what you mean with the comment about sofs.
>
>sofs is purely functional and does not use ets.
>It has a few functions that convert to and from
>digraphs (and the digraph uses ets), but there is
>no direct use of ets.

You're right, I did mean digraph. Sofs is a great module with the worst
documentation available *unless* you already know set theory pretty
well, then it translates pretty directly to the mathematical concepts.

But pick a random wikipedia page for a mathematical concept or theorem
you know little about, and it will be likely as readable -- or less so
-- than sofs is for people not in the know for set theory.