[erlang-questions] rebar3 shell showing error

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Sat Jan 30 21:06:32 CET 2016

On 29 January 2016 at 13:55, Fred Hebert <mononcqc@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 01/29, Lukas Larsson wrote:
> >

> > For some reason both the basic and tty shell drivers have started
> > and are trying to select on the same file descriptor. The problem
> > is probably somewhere around here:
>
> Yeah, I haven't been able to reproduce this one. I brought changes
> to the code specifically to get rid of the issue a few weeks ago
> https://github.com/rebar/rebar3/pull/995 and I've had two reports of
> that stuff failing.
>
> As I said, I've been unable to reproduce it on the versions I tried
> on Linux, OSX, and Windows. So at this point I'm not quite sure how
> to go about, the VM is fighting us very hard in making sure we don't
> take over the IO system. Going about it any other way ensures that
> on the old shell, the escript running rebar3 crashes directly and
> any TERM=dumb or windows system cannot use it at all.
>
> If I'm able to reproduce the issue reliably I'm gonna try to fix it,
> but for now I'm not sure what I can do.

We've been trying to work around the basic issue here for years now,
and I think the only reliable way (that doesn't involve a modified
erts) is an indirection that spawns another node with things
configured as needed. Maybe a slave node?