[erlang-questions] rebar3 shell showing error

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Sat Jan 30 16:46:03 CET 2016

That is a warning from relx. I've recently moved it to a debug message
instead of a warning. You can ignore it and when you upgrade rebar3 it
should go away.

Best to keep rebar3 updated with `rebar3 local upgrade` (with older
rebar3s the command is `rebar3 unstable upgrade`)

--
Tristan Sloughter
t@REDACTED

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016, at 03:55 AM, Pavanan M S wrote:

> This also comes up everytime. Is this another such case? Or should I do anything about this?
>
> ===> Missing beam file elf_format <<"/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/hipe-3.11.3/ebin/elf_format.beam">>
> Thank you
>
> On 29 January 2016 at 18:25, Fred Hebert <mononcqc@REDACTED> wrote:
>> On 01/29, Lukas Larsson wrote:

For some reason both the basic and tty shell drivers have started and are

trying to select on the same file descriptor. The problem is probably

somewhere around here:
>>> https://github.com/rebar/rebar3/blob/10948be896e71f9f461c602e3bd81c989a9411d7/src/rebar_prv_shell.erl#L114-L134

in the rebar3 code.

Yeah, I haven't been able to reproduce this one. I brought changes to the code specifically to get rid of the issue a few weeks ago https://github.com/rebar/rebar3/pull/995 and I've had two reports of that stuff failing.

As I said, I've been unable to reproduce it on the versions I tried on Linux, OSX, and Windows. So at this point I'm not quite sure how to go about, the VM is fighting us very hard in making sure we don't take over the IO system. Going about it any other way ensures that on the old shell, the escript running rebar3 crashes directly and any TERM=dumb or windows system cannot use it at all.

If I'm able to reproduce the issue reliably I'm gonna try to fix it, but for now I'm not sure what I can do.