[erlang-questions] erlang:setnode/3 and sctp

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Tue Jan 26 04:20:47 CET 2016

> One of the sources of a badarg in that function is if the port driver doesn't set the ERL_DRV_FLAG_SOFT_BUSY flag (see http://erlang.org/doc/man/driver_entry.html#driver_flags). The SCTP driver doesn't set this, so in the link to the code you sent, I'm guessing it fails here: https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/maint/erts/emulator/beam/dist.c#L2772

Ah, thanks!

But crap... this means SCTP (at least with the provided driver) can't be
used for distribution? A custom driver is required? Assuming there isn't
something about SCTP itself that makes this problematic?