[erlang-questions] Erlang TLS distribution... again...

Mark Steele mark@REDACTED
Fri Jan 22 17:43:23 CET 2016

Hello list,

Once again I'm banging my head against TLS distribution in Erlang.

This time around, everything is almost working.

My problem is now getting the certificate validation to work.

As soon as I add ' server_verify verify_peer ' to my ssl options on the
server-side, the connection is failing.

Server:

SSL: certify: ssl_connection.erl:398:Fatal error: handshake failure

Client:

SSL: cipher: ssl_alert.erl:92:Fatal error: handshake failure

The client and server certs are the same.

I can use the same certs with Cowboy/Ranch or plain ssl sockets (with the
verify_peer option) and it works flawlessly, so it would appear that it's
something specific to TLS distribution that's wonky.

Running on Erlang/OTP 17 [erts-6.4]

Any help would be appreciated.