[erlang-questions] Is priv a good place to store data?

Lyn Headley lheadley@REDACTED
Wed Jan 13 20:16:27 CET 2016

Hi,

I am building an app which will need to store some data in files. I am
wondering if others use the priv directory for this, or whether they
use another place, perhaps somewhere outside of the application tree
entirely. I am thinking I will just add a .gitignore for priv/mydata,
so git does not notice the directory, but wondered if others do things
differently. Any issues regarding source control or releases that I
should be aware of?

On a related note -- is priv/my_mnesia a good place to put the mnesia directory?

-Lyn