[erlang-questions] clarify: Where does the file go when I do file:write_file("/tmp/zfile", <<"z">>, [raw] ). on a slave?

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Wed Jan 13 15:44:37 CET 2016

Greetings,

Erlang (SMP,ASYNC_THREADS) (BEAM) emulator version 5.10.4.1
(R16B I think).

I have started a slave with slave:start/5 (not documented but I need the
fifth argument). Since the slave is up and running I suggest that my
experience is the same as would happen with slave:start/3.

I start a shell in the slave and connect to it. There I do:
  file:write_file( "/tmp/zfile", <<"z">>, [raw] ).

The file is not present on the slave, nor on the master(*).
Where is it?

Bonus points for an explanation of how I can write a file on the slave,
from the erlang shell on the same slave.

bengt
(*)
If I do
  file:write_file( "/tmp/zfile", <<"z">> ).
the file is on the master, as explained by the slave module documentation.