[erlang-questions] Why we need a -module() attribute?

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Fri Feb 19 23:26:04 CET 2016

> On 19 feb 2016, at 21:52, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> While on the subject of modules ...
>
> I think there should be 'anonymous modules' and registered modules
> (just like processes):

I even had it implemented in the first SMP prototype while trying to find
cheap ways of doing the code loading.
Just think how nice this would blend in with a gen_server, just pass it the
anonymous module code and the code is upgraded.

It worked like a charm. :-)

Cheers

/Tony