[erlang-questions] Why we need a -module() attribute?

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Wed Feb 17 15:26:08 CET 2016

Well suppose you sent the *content* of the file in a message - how
would the receiver
know the name of the module?.

Actually the module attribute and file name don't have to be the same - but
if they are not you'll break the autoloading mechanism. If the file name and
module name are different you should know exactly what you're doing :-)

Cheers

/Joe