[erlang-questions] Proposal for new state machine engine: gen_statem

Thu Feb 11 14:24:23 CET 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:32:25AM +0000, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> hrm how does it helps to figure the changes in the source code though?

It certainly does not.  The OP asked for something to run.

The source code can be found through the pull request:

    https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/960

which points at a diff towards a branch in my GitHub repository:

    https://github.com/erlang/otp/compare/maint...RaimoNiskanen:raimo/new-gen-state-machine/OTP-13065

In the pull request discussion i have linked to ready-built documentation:

    http://erlang.org/~raimo/doc-7.2/lib/stdlib-2.7/doc/html/gen_statem.html

which many in the discussion dislike, but it is a reference manual so it
has to be complete and therefore looks complex.  There are no simple
examples.  Yet.