[erlang-questions] Request feedback on example project

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Feb 3 07:33:57 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 7:00 AM, zxq9 <zxq9@REDACTED> wrote:

> I would like feedback from new and old Erlangers in terms of readability,
> documentation, what is easy to understand, what is hard to understand, etc.
> My goal is to develop a style plain enough that a utility application just
> above the threshold of clear triviality (like a UUID utility) is mostly
> understandable even to someone new to Erlang.

After a quick look, I have only one nit to pick
(and it is of course a matter of taste):

You wrote:

when V > 0 andalso V < 6 ->

I would write it like:

when 0 < V, V < 6 ->

First, by putting the variable V in the middle it
easier to see that the guard is a range test
and not any two unrelated conditions. Second,
I never use 'andalso' when a simple ',' would do.

/Björn