[erlang-questions] Erlang for an audio streaming server project?

Vans S vans_163@REDACTED
Sat Dec 3 03:59:38 CET 2016

> Does Erlang solve the typical problems you would have in Java

Yes.

> having to code all the streaming process with the formats and such?

This is not a problem solely to java.

> And also, I would be very pleased if you could provide me (if you know some) a starting point related to streaming with Erlang

Streaming media can range from being elementary to being very complex.

If you are looking to stream over HTTP, first figure out the method, you have Chunked-Encoding, websockets or other.  Then find
a webserver that supports that, ensure the frontend can decode the stream and its in the correct format.  Decide if you need real time streaming with low latency.  Once you have settled on the formats and methods, the rest is an elementary network service.