[erlang-questions] Erlang for Payment Systems

Felix Gallo felixgallo@REDACTED
Sat Apr 30 01:09:17 CEST 2016

You left off some salient details. Does your system need a very high
transaction rate?  At the high end, what is the aggregate bandwidth flowing
through your system?  Does your system require intense mathematical
calculation or is it primarily, as described, performing a routing function?

Erlang is used in many financial contexts by companies like Goldman Sachs,
various betting firms, etc.  So it can definitely do well in that space.

Erlang is excellent, perhaps even unparalleled, at packet
structuring/destructuring logic.  I suspect you have used strings for that
in the past, but Erlang does it a little differently, using binaries, bins,
and pattern matching.  In my experience in financial services, string
manipulation in protocol handling is super rare, but perhaps your
experience and need is different.

F.