[erlang-questions] Rhetorical structure of code: Anyone interested in collaborating?

Pierre Fenoll pierrefenoll@REDACTED
Fri Apr 29 09:52:22 CEST 2016

On 28 April 2016 at 17:02, Fred Hebert <mononcqc@REDACTED> wrote:

> Erlang has made a few things very interesting by forcing an additional
> structure in supervision trees and well-defined behaviour, which lets me
> scan things at a glance in terms of project structure and infer what it
> does without actually needing to understand code.

I think a graphical tool that shows the OTP structure of an Erlang project
would be useful:
master application then supervision tree then worker modules
along with their registered names, restart strategy & supervisor :
#workers|type mapping.

Some issues could be identified visually = quickly.

I believe this could be done without the need to pre-run the actual
application, just looking for start_child and such.