[erlang-questions] Any Erlang Devs Contemplating Elixir?

Kenneth Lakin kennethlakin@REDACTED
Sat Apr 23 01:22:10 CEST 2016

On 04/22/2016 04:05 PM, Andrew Berman wrote:
> Valid point.  Then why test on is_uri?  Every string should come back as
> true.

Perhaps I'm confused, but a glance at the output from the two libraries
you mentioned (one in Elixir's standard library and one out of tree and
maintained by a third party) indicates that they're using different
standards to determine the validity of a URI. (is_url rejects "foo.bar",
but Elixir's URI.parse does not.)

Regardless, discussion of which RFC to use when determining the validity
of a URI seems to me to be pretty off-topic for this list. You're
welcome to continue *that* discussion with me off-list. :)