[erlang-questions] enif_schedule_nif return

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Tue Apr 12 10:40:44 CEST 2016

I'm not sure to understand what can I expect from the return of
enif_schedule_nif. The doc says:

    Be aware that enif_schedule_nif, as its name implies, only schedules
the NIF for future execution. The calling NIF does not block waiting for
the scheduled NIF to execute and return, which means that the calling NIF
can't expect to receive the scheduled NIF return value and use it for
further operations.

So should I handle to return the data asynchronously to the calling process
using enf_send? In that case what is the return of the function?

- benoit