[erlang-questions] Status of map pair support in dialyzer

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Apr 11 12:45:53 CEST 2016

On 03/04/2016 11:59 AM, Björn-Egil Dahlberg XB wrote:

> I did the initial work for maps in Dialyzer but that application is not
> really part of my work area. If you want to contribute to Dialyzer you
> should probably talk to Hans Bolinder, Kostis Sagonas and/or Stavros
> Aronis. Hans talked about increasing Dialyzers knowledge about map
> associations the other day but I don't think it is on his agenda at the
> moment.
>
> I don't think it will be supported in 19.0 either though I have no clue
> if Kostis or Stavros, or anyone else for that matter, is working on it.

Hijacking this thread to announce a proposal for a change in the type
syntax related to maps.

The relevant document is here:

   https://gist.github.com/kostis/eaf4a06e643cf49314ba

We would appreciate feedback from the community at this point.

The intention is for this change to be part of Erlang/OTP 19.0.

Kostis

PS. Most of the credit for this change goes to Magnus Lång.

PS2. For those that would like to experiment with the new type syntax
and use the new version of dialyzer, or just fancy reading code diffs,
there is also a related pull request that implements all these:

   https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/1014