[erlang-questions] Any guidance on tweaking allocator settings?

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Tue Apr 5 13:58:01 CEST 2016

On 04/05, Lukas Larsson wrote:
>Hello,
>
>If you use recon_alloc:memory(usage) on the snapshots you have you can see
>you have a high usage percentage which means that you do not have any
>memory fragmentation issues that tweaking the erts allocators would fix.
>Your application is simply using a lot of memory and it seems to be process
>heap memory. I would recommend using observer to see which processes use a
>lot of memory and from there try to figure out why.

To add to this, I've got a full section on this stuff in Erlang in Anger
(http://www.erlang-in-anger.com/). Look at Chapter 7 for memory issues,
and 7.3 for a specific focus on allocators.

That hopefully may prove helpful.

Regards,
Fred.