[erlang-questions] reloading a NIF library without restarting the server

Sverker Eriksson sverker.eriksson@REDACTED
Mon Oct 19 14:02:00 CEST 2015

You can upgrade a NIF library in the same way
you upgrade an Erlang module. The upgraded Erlang code
just have to call erlang:load_nif/2 for the NIF library that it
wants to use.

However, you may need to place the new NIF library in a different
path or give it a different file name, otherwise the OS (dlopen)
may think you are loading the same library again.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP Ericsson