[erlang-questions] where is os:getuid() ?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Tue Nov 24 04:41:42 CET 2015

Erlang doesn't just run under Unix-family operating
systems.  If you're running under Cygwin,
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-common
says how Windows identifiction <-> uid/gid work.
I can't get a response from www.erlang.org at the moment,
so I can't check this, but I thought Erlang could run
directly under Windows without Cygwin.  In that case,
what should os:gete?[ug]id() do?

Considering the hoops that Windows->uid/gid mapping has
to (or may) jump through under Cygwin, it's not clear
that their signal-safety under OpenBSD tells us much about
Windows...