[erlang-questions] where is os:getuid() ?

Mon Nov 23 20:46:37 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Pierre Fenoll <pierrefenoll@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Now that we have an open issue tracker, could we put feature requests
> there and have people randomly work on them?

I think that is a good idea. getuid(2) and its cousin geteuid(2) never
fails and returns quickly, so chances are they are safe to implement as a
NIF, but we should definitely check if they may block or if they will take
more than 1ms run-time to execute in the kernel.

On OpenBSD, both calls are signal-handler-safe which is usually a good
indication they are relatively safe to call.

--
J.