[erlang-questions] Turn based game server in erlang

Unix One unix1@REDACTED
Sat May 30 22:38:26 CEST 2015

Hello,

I was thinking it'd be fun to implement a turn based game in erlang. I
realize there are different parts to this: (1) client, protocol,
users/authentication, and many other "administrative" functions that are
not the actual game; and (2) game-specific functionality on both the
client and the server.

I'm interested in writing less of (1) and more of (2), so I was looking
for a server/framework of (1) where I can plug in my (2), but I can find
very little by searching:

http://uu.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2%3A641311&dswid=6245
https://github.com/jannschu/maikados

The first is a research thesis, and the second appears a very limited
implementation with no documentation. So, I thought I'd ask if anyone
has any suggestions, or even any general pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!