[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

Vincent de Phily vincent.dephily@REDACTED
Fri Mar 20 15:34:17 CET 2015

On Friday 20 March 2015 15:09:45 Valentin Micic wrote:
> > The whole purpose of quoting (inline, top, partial, full, whatever) is to
> > provide context. I think we can all agree on that ?
>
> By just reading the above, I do not think you would be able to tell if the
> discussion was about top-posting vs in-line quoting, or we were just
> discussing about purpose quoting in general.

The two are not really separable : you do something for a purpose. My argument
is that on a mailing list, the only purpose of including (part of) the
original text in your reply is to provide context, and that this purpose isn't
served well by top-posting.

--
Vincent de Phily