[erlang-questions] Including other peoples code in my code in a future proof way

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 21:27:44 CET 2015

I've been using Seth Falcon's rebar_lock_deps_plugin
<https://github.com/seth/rebar_lock_deps_plugin.git> for a while now to
track all my commits by revision ID just for this purpose. It was the only
way to keep my sanity when building releases on different environments.
Otherwise I would have been forced to manually check each dependency before
building a release (I did this for a while and I don't recommend it).

rebar (< 3.x) will fail when updating transitive dependencies if there are
even trivial differences when specifying the repository's URL or version
(e.g. git:// and https:// as URL protocols used to reference the same
repository in two different packages).