[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 14:51:58 CET 2015

On 03/18/2015 02:32 PM, Gordon Guthrie wrote:
>  > Most people I know in the Erlang community use the Better form most
> of the time, and the Good form on occasion, which is why the CoC feels
> so unnecessary to me.
>
> I will repeat what I said previously - you don't write supervisions
> trees for process that don't crash - and you don't write codes of
> conduct for flame wars about bloody editors
>
> I can't think of a single example from the mailing list which would draw
> down the CoC - and that's a good thing.
>
> I am introducing a CoC for Erlang events because I have become aware of
> sexual assaults against female engineers at tech events (some of which I
> have attended).

I probably am not the only one here who do not understand why you bring
up a CoC for real world events in this discussion.

The only power whoever enforces the CoC here has is to ban you from the
mailing list/issue tracker. Therefore it can only make rules about user
content. So yes it is all about verbal abuse, flame wars and spam.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu