[erlang-questions] 回复: about reb ar generated release 。Hint already use nodename when I use 'gm_server start' startup

dsdds 1172693953@REDACTED
Fri Jun 26 15:26:49 CEST 2015

oh my god , Thank you very much. I have struggled for three days. thank you.

From: "Fred Hebert"<mononcqc@REDACTED>;
Date: 2015年6月26日(星期五) 晚上9:17
To: "dsdds"<1172693953@REDACTED>;
Cc: "erlang-questions"<erlang-questions@REDACTED>;
Subject: Re: 回复: [erlang-questions] about reb ar generated release 。Hint already use nodename  when I use 'gm_server start' startup

On 06/26, dsdds wrote:
>I check the port and the process,but I have no found such as 'gm_server' process,I think may be my application start two times.
>I save some image about the error and  the port of the os and process information,below.

You run the following two commands:

./gm_server start
./gm_server console

The first one will start the program in the background. Then if you want
to connect to it, you have to runn an 'attach' command or something like
'erl -remsh gm_server@REDACTED -name debug'.

By instead running './gm_server console', you're trying to boot the same
exact node a second time, but with the terminal available rather than in
the background.

The problem is that the old node is still running in the background and
their names then clash. That's the "protocol: ~tp: the name .... seems
to be in use by another Erlang node" error.

Regards,
Fred.