[erlang-questions] about rebar generated release 。Hint already use node name when I use 'gm_server start' startup

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Jun 25 19:57:33 CEST 2015

On 06/25, dsdds wrote:
>Hi, everybody.    First, Thank everyone  help.
>    I am using cowboy and rebar building a webapplication,the application running in ubuntu-server. I am start by shell that is succeed. but I uisng the releases of the rebar generated , use the 'gm_server start'  is faild.
>    oh,my god , excuse me, My broken English.
>    I  modified name of node,but ,still appeared the problem
>    This error message below。

Hi, the error you see is taking place because you start the node with
the name 'gm_server@REDACTED' but another one with the same name
exists.

You just need to kill the old VM of the same name to run the new one.