[erlang-questions] Concurrent read and write in an ETS table

Luis Rascão luis.rascao@REDACTED
Thu Jun 25 16:35:48 CEST 2015

Erlang's Factory 2014 video -- Eliminating Single Process Bottlenecks with
ETS Concurrency Patterns might help you

https://youtu.be/XrkY9WRY8p0

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Avinash Dhumane <nistrigunya@REDACTED>
wrote:

> I have an ETS table, where each object (in the table) is owned by a
> separate process; i.e. there is one-to-one relation between the object and
> its owner process. The object holds an externalized state which the process
> uses in the event of crash recovery.
>
> What options may I use, while instantiating the ETS table, in order to
> allow all these processes to concurrently access (read and write) their
> respective state?
>
> Would setting {write_concurrency, true} and {read_concurrency, true}
> suffice?
>
> Thanks
> Avinash

PGP fingerprint: F708 E141 AE8D 2D38 E1BC  DF3D 1719 3EA0 647D 7260