[erlang-questions] Erlang on a Raspberry Pi for DFW Erlang User Group

Anthony Esposito tony.m.esposito@REDACTED
Tue Jun 16 17:45:05 CEST 2015

Hi Steven,

This is a great idea! Let me know how much interest this gets in your group
as I may need to steal :)

The obvious thing that springs to mind is what ESL did here:
https://twitter.com/joeerl/status/609251466835021824 and presented at EUC.

Six of the nodes are running RIAK and two running plain Erlang nodes. Then
they were able to demo Wombat and present amazing information on nodes in
the cluster. Or rather, present it amazingly well!

I like this setup because it puts across the distributed nature of the
application and provides a visual representation of the individual nodes.
It's much cleaner than a room full of PCs and more appealing than VMs.

I think whatever you do with this it needs to interact with something
rather physical to be more impressionable and bring more attention to
Erlang. Despite how simple the programming might be for you it shows really
well.

-tony