[erlang-questions] HTTP client with sessions support

Mikl Kurkov mkurkov@REDACTED
Fri Jun 12 14:32:08 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 5:38 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Mikl what is missing in the cookie implementation of hackney? There is a
> new version coming next week so let's try to fix that... (any ticket is
> welcome).

Benoit,

First thing I stumbled upon on second minute of hackney usage is that it
silently ignored cookies with Expires attribute,
I fixed this in my fork, but looking into code I understood that it was
ported from some server codebase,
so it uses Cookie parser to parse Set-Cookie, and Set-Cookie builder to
build Cookie. They have slightly different syntax
and constraints, so it need some refactoring or even full rewrite.
Also it seems several different representations for cookies are used inside
lib,
like {Name, Value}, {Name, [{Name,Value}|Attrs]}, {Name, Value, Attrs}.
It would be great to have one unified structure for them.
Ticket added, see on github.

Another issue that bothers me is usage of process dictionary, I always try
to avoid this.

--
Mikl